As the year rounds out into our final stretch, I find myself happy and grateful for all of the change that has come my way.
My business is doing well. My daughter is growing up fast, and I truly love to watch her take each new step on her way to the teen years.
Life is good. So in honor of all this goodness, I thought I would reveal a bit about myself here.
1. I love to laugh and I smile all the time. Sometimes my cheeks hurt because of it, but it just makes me smile more.
2. I believe hugs are the best form of non-verbal communication.
3. My perfect vacation involves journeying to a new place and unlocking all of the mysteries and charm that have existed there for centuries and have been waiting for me to come find them. Embarking on that soon!
4. I live in a state of organized chaos when it comes to my office desk. I like to make mountains out of my piles until I get around to tackling them.
5. When I see something beautiful, I always speak whatever is on my mind. Why keep all that goodness inside? After all, love is meant to be shared!
6. I prefer writing my appointments and shoot dates on a physical calendar, rather than inputting it electronically. It just feels better to see it in writing.
7. My childhood dream was to be a movie star. I was even voted “Most Likely to Become a Starving Actress” in my senior year. I never actually found out what that meant for sure, but I like to think it is a compliment to my dedication!
8. I make the best egg sandwiches on the planet. Just ask my gorgeous eleven year old daughter!
9. Speaking of my daughter, I am insanely in love with that girl. She is the coolest kid I know.
10. I am a softy for a good love story. Especially when it comes to the real life love stories that play out in each wedding I shoot!
11. Eleven is my lucky number. Whenever I happen to look at the clock at 11:11, I know that everything is perfect in that moment.
12. I love meeting new people and discovering all of the little things that make them tick.
13. I am a perfectionist, but I believe that helps me in my art. I never want to put out lackluster photos, no matter what I am shooting. So… this means I spend a lot of time working on photos AFTER every shoot!
14. I can tear up a dance floor and do so every chance I get. I love getting lost in the music and allowing every thing to melt away, if only for a few hours.
15. My first kiss happened in 7th grade behind the portables at school. That boy’s name was Ozzie (and no, he was not a head banger).
16. I’ve noticed that people can’t help but be sucked in by my happiness. It’s contagious!
17. I am a good friend to all of the people in my life. I love each and every one of them and wish that magic and wonder would follow them every where they choose to go.
18. I have the most amazing boyfriend/cheerleader/supporter/encourager/snuggler/lover/friend.
19. I get wild ideas sometimes and see pictures in every moment.
20. I have had a few nicknames in my life. Some of them from childhood, some of them from adulthood. A sampling of them: Sunshine, Hollywood, Be-Bop, and Perky.
21. I strive to make photos that I like to look at, because I love looking at beautiful things as often as possible.
Go forth and spread love to all.